185

On my many travels through the known galaxies I have seen many things; people made of trees, trees made of people. On one planet I discovered a race of intelligent lifeforms with a lifespan of just one day, which was the equivalent to just eighteen Earth hours on Earth. I fully expected that they'd spend their short life by making the most of their time, setting aside their differences and experiencing every possible joy whilst furthering their civilisation for the next shortlived generation. They certainly had no concept of war or hate, but only because they spent their entire lives curled up on the floor paralysed by grief as they cried themselves from birth to death at the thought of their cruel fates. If you're wondering how they reproduced, I will tell you that evolution made sure that they would pass on their dna through tears, honest to god tears.


Captain Royce Dandrick, The Zendron Colony.

No comments:

Post a Comment