20

I'm no doctor or mathematician. Yes, I have a phd, but that only came about after a series of elaborate coincidences and accidents, each one more elaborate and accidental than the last. It seems to me that there are a lot of people in the world, and, by the looks of it, many more are on the way. The way I see it, it's only a matter of time before the same people start being born again. How many different people can there be with the limited amound of DNA we have? Ten? Twelve billion?

Knowing his luck, Jesus will be the first duplicate to get noticed and people will be all like "Hey, look, it's Jesus. It's the second coming! Let's make him our leader!", but I'll be all like "Hey, wait a minute, there's four Bruce Willises over there. Why not make one of him our leader?"

And you know what? They'll have to consider it, because there are a lot more people can relate to being held hostage by terrorists in the Nakatomi Plaza with no shoes on than there are people who can relate to the bible and that whole scene nowadays, especially with this war of terror I keep hearing so much about.

Patrick, Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment