197

I tried my hand at standup comedy back in 2009. I wasn't very good. I had one bit where I talked about political correctness gone mad and how eventually we wouldn't be able to call it standup comedy, because of people in wheelchairs. It was the main part of my act and it was pretty much my only material that got a good reaction from audiences. Then the government said we couldn't call it standup comedy anymore, because of people in wheelchairs, and my joke wasn't a joke anymore, just me talking about an event that happened.

So I quit and went into real estate. It was a good time to get out, because the political correctness gone mad really had gone quite mad. It wasn't long before you couldn't call it comedy or do jokes anymore, in case it offended people who didn't have a sense of humour.


Phil, London.

No comments:

Post a Comment